Friday, October 16, 2009

Friends With Flair Friday! :)

Welcome to another week of Friends with Flair Friday, brought to you by the wonderful customers and DT of Unity Stamp Co! :)

This week I decided to work on a layout with another photo of Raine at the fair :)


A close up of the journaling:


And a close up of the flowers made using various Unity stamps, and of the stitching I did:


Now since I don't have a sewing machine.... keep in mind all the sewing I did on this layout.. yup.. all hand stitched! But the work was worth it because I love the look of this layout :)

The layout is this weeks sketch from 52 Sketches 52 Weeks

The Unity Stamps I used on this layout are:
Floral Friends- I used to bud of the one of these flowers to make the very center of all the flowers
Growing in Unity- I used one of the scrolls as a template for my stitching that is on the bottom right corner of the photo
Sept 09 KOM ( Go Ahead... Wish) - I used the calender flower for the orange base of my flowers and then stamped the other flower onto pink and orange DP and cut them out for more dimension.

Other supplies used:
Cosmo Cricket DP
Thickers
White thread
Brown thread
Color Box Chalk Chestnut Roan

The journaling reads" You have absolutely the biggest heart I have ever seen and right now it is all bundled up in this amazing little girl. You are going to be the greatest mother when you get older. You already mother the baby goats and you are so wonderful at it. I look forward to all the years to come where I have the privilege of watching your heart grow bigger. "





This week Unity is kind of going back to hip hop style and Angela included the amazing deals too! :o)

Every single stamp order gets 5 free random stamps!
Every $25 spent gets the option of purchasing another set for only $2!!!!! The sets you can choose from for $2 are Jolly Little Winter, Folk Inspired, and Little Me.
Make sure you add the kits to your cart!!!!!

Well that's it for me! Thanks for stopping by! Make sure you go check out everyone else's creations! :)

Kristen

25 comments:

Stephanie Zito said...

Gorgeous layout Kristen! And wow for the handstitching! It's amazing!

Katy said...

It's beautiful Kristen! I don't know how you can get the small strips of paper journaling so perfect! Such a precious layout :)

Rachel B said...

what a great lo. Love the flower and everything about it!

Unknown said...

love your layout, you are good at doing them, talent talent ;)

Cheri said...

Aaaaawww! What a sweet layout!

Diane Jaquay said...

Very cute layout, love the stitching!

Corry said...

gorgeous and wtg on the stitching and love that method of journalling.

Jodi C. said...

BEAUTIFUL layout and stitching!!! WOW!!!

Marcy H. said...

Amazing Layout!!! Beautiful hand stitching!!!

Lisa H. said...

okay, you have to get a machine...wow! I'm so impressed you hand stitched! fabulous layout, I just adore it!

Unknown said...

Kristen, this LO is absolutely adorable! Wow, you really stitched all that by hand?...impressive dearie! I LUV your LO's and hopefully one day your inspiration will help me produce more LO's!

Danni said...

Wonderful layout!

Rona said...

very pretty and such a cute picture!

Rona said...

very pretty and such a cute picture!

מימס mimms said...

gorgeous LO.
impressed by your hand stitching!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is beautiful, Kristen! You hand stitched all of that?! You are amazing and very patient! Fab page, sweetie! I LOVE it! :)

Valerie said...

Great layout! your little girl is beautiful! I did a 2 page layout once that had quite a bit of hand stitching on it! It took me a long time but like you...the results were worth it! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

This is just drop dead gorgeous Kristen...I LOVE it!! Xx

JessicaK said...

All handstitched? Holy canoli! Beautiful results.

Ashley Newell said...

What a fabulous layout!

de said...

I love this! The picture is adorable and the layout is perfect! I love the way you did the journaling. I've always wanted to try that and haven't!

Bekah said...

So sweet! The picture really tells a great story and you have captured the emotions behind it in your jouraling. TFS! ps- I love your daughter's name... my yougest is Vivian Raine!

Purple Princess said...

Fabulous!!

Jacqueline said...

Another gorgeous Layout featuring Raine!! What a beauty, just like you!! The writing makes my heart swell...you are such an amazing mother! Wonderful work honey, I am proud of you! HUgs!

Dawn M said...

love the layout and the journaling. you have a gift girl!