Friday, October 9, 2009

Friends With Flair Friday! :)

**Make sure you see my post below to see my exciting news!**

Hello there! :) Today is another Friends with Flair Friday, brought to you by the one and only Unity Stamp Company!! :)

I decided to go along with this weeks sketch challenge on SCS. I kind of changed it up a little bit because I didn't use any DP. Instead I scored 3 lines as a "frame" of where the DP would have been :)

Here is my card:


I took SU kraft as my base, scored the lines as my frame, added the black strip that I punched with my fiskars punch, and then added my stamped panel. To make the panel I stamped my sentiment with versamark, added black embossing powder, and used my heat gun. I layered it with black cardstock, and then kraft card stock. This panel with lifted with pop dots. As a final touch I added a punched butterfly using my Martha Stewart butterfly punch.

Supplies used:
Unity Stamp Co- Birdie Inspiration (sentiment)
SU card stock
Bazzill card stock- Black
versamark
Ranger black embossing powder
pop dots
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Fiskars Edge Punch

Thanks for stopping by! :) Make sure you check out all the other ladies FFF posts! You can find the list here on SCS ---------> FFF participants!!

Kristen

14 comments:

Robynccgirl said...

Pretty card! Congrats again!!!

Judy Rozema said...

Really neat scoring!!! Congrats on your win too!!!

Stephanie Zito said...

Great card! Love the scoring and the design! Congrats on your win! Good luck for the final big prize!!!!

Valerie said...

very simple but elegant card! Thanks for sharing your creation.

Unknown said...

Kristen, this is stunning! I have to try more scoring...yours looks fabulous! CONGRATS on your challenge win!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!! Congrats on your win!!

Rachel B said...

Clean, Simple, Perfect! I love the colors and your clean lines! Congrats on the runner up win! Beautiful creativity!

Unknown said...

so pretty, and congrats on winning ;)

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable! Love that quote. Congrats on your Bachelor win too! Your card was super sweet!

Kerry said...

It's so elegant, beautiful card. Congrats!

Scrapacat said...

Beautiful! I love the extra touch of the scoring. Brilliant, just like you!
~ky

Diane Jaquay said...

Such a sweet, pretty card!

Unknown said...

Kirsten...This card is just sooo elegant...So simple but beautiful...Congrats on your win...You totally deserve it!! Xx

Ann said...

I love the elegant simplicity of your card!